Emotional Intelligence is one those things that can be really confusing – mainly because emotions are just so… confusing -- to those for whom emotional intelligence and empathy are skills they are developing. For many people, however -- and this is especially true of women who culturally are more likely to get the practice needed to develop emotional intelligence and empathy -- emotions are as easy to navigate as movement is easy to navigate to a dancer (who, incidentally, tend to be somatically intelligent). Mothers also often just feel what their children need in a way that is often mysterious to men. Women's Intuition is also a way that we sometimes refer to emotional intelligence and empathy.
On this show, my friend Nikki and I will try to unravel some of the mysteries around emotions and emotional intelligence. The questions we discuss are listed below.
The show premieres on Thursday, April 27th at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT
Here's the link: http://www.readyforloveradio.com/emotionalintelligence/
(If you miss the show and the replays – the archive will be posted there too)
Airing on www.newvisionsradio.com
Some questions we discuss –
- What is emotional intelligence?
- How does it help people engage with each other in their lives?
- Is it the same as empathy?
- What are the components of emotional intelligence (and for that matter, of all types of intelligences)?
- What’s another good way to look at emotional intelligence?
- What blocks emotional intelligence?
- Why is it important to teach emotional intelligence to our children?
- What does it look like to do this, especially with babies and toddlers?
- What does it look like to become emotionally intelligent for an adult and especially a man?
- What are some of the challenges?
- What do inner parts have to play in the development of emotional intelligence?
- What are some of the things women and men can do to support the development of emotional intelligence in men?
- What will a society with emotionally intelligent men and women look like?
- How does emotional intelligence connect with attachment styles?
Join us on Thursday, April 27th at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT for all the answers here: http://www.readyforloveradio.com/emotionalintelligence/